Theerpugals of Naattamai

This blog is the outlet for some of the Theerpugals of Naattamai. Tanglish is more or less the likely language of expressing the theerpugal. Sometimes offensive Theerpugals are likely to be posted on this blog, so if you are person who is likely to be offended easily please quit now. I also want to clarify that there is one and only one great Naattamai - "Peddarayudu aka Padaiyappa" Others are either imitations or followers. I am just one of the humble fan of the great man.

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

1200 characters are not sufficient and hence not writing it.

Monday, February 21, 2005

What you dont drink????

An irritating question teetotallers find themselves. I dont drink and I dont smoke. I dont even drink coffee (which my dad thinks is a matter of shame, being a tamil Iyer from madras.) It is not that I have something against drinking or people who drink, I just dont want to drink. As a result i end up being the social outcast. People dont invite me for the friday night parties, citing the reason i dont drink esp. desi friends who dont want me hear their dark secrets :) Of course I always get invited for sunday lunches and weekend barbecue parties. I have been in lot of embarrasing situations. This incident happened last quarter. A French girl who was my doubles partner in my tennis class, invited me to her place for dinner at the end of quarter. She raised a toast with an expensive wine, then this interesting conversation happened

Me: i dont drink.
French Girl (FG): "You are above 21 rite?"
Me: Yes. But I dont drink.
FG: What is the legal drinking age in India?
Me: 18
FG: Then, why you dont drink.
Me: I just havent started drinking.
FG: Then now is the good time to start.
Me: Well ..... I prefer not to.
FG: My 13 year old sister drinks wine on special occasion with my family.
Me (trying to funny) : My 80 year old granny has never tasted drinks even on very special occasions.
FG: Do you prefer BEER instead?
Me: Sorry I dont drink any form of alcohol.
FG: BEER is like coffee, it is not alcohol.
Me: As a matter of fact i dont drink coffee too.
FG (thinks for a minute): You are not suffering from any disease are you?
Me (trying to sound philosophical) : No, I just dont like the idea of loosing control of my life, I always want to stay on top (no pun intended) of the situation. I just dont want to get addicted to anything including caffeine. Thats why i have never tasted alcohol.
FG: Well I heard even Gandhi never drinks, I am proud of you.
Me: (Blushing ...) Well I am great, but not great. Atleast not yet.
FG: (thinking I am show off) Let me see, if I can find something else.
Me: Coke or pepsi would do.
FG (looking into the fridge): Since I am leaving the country, i have nearly emptied the fridge. I just have plain milk.
Me: That would be fine.
FG: Okay as you wish (pouring me a glass of milk)
Me: Thanks.
(to make matters worse she gets her handycam out of her luggage)
FG: This is so funny and wierd, I am going to shoot this video and show it to my friends and family back home.
Me: Is this necessary?
FG: This is just damn funny ( and starts recording)
Me ( I keep my mouth shut so as to not to embarras myself and raise the glass for the toast)

3 Comments:

Blogger saranyan r said...

this is by far the most funniest post I've ever read. sirichu sirichu vayaru valithivittadhu nanba :-)

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

super post machi!!!
humor at its best nnu solla laam!!
kalaketeenga naatamai

8:45 PM  
Blogger harry said...

super post dude..hope u write more such articles..

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home