Theerpugals of Naattamai

This blog is the outlet for some of the Theerpugals of Naattamai. Tanglish is more or less the likely language of expressing the theerpugal. Sometimes offensive Theerpugals are likely to be posted on this blog, so if you are person who is likely to be offended easily please quit now. I also want to clarify that there is one and only one great Naattamai - "Peddarayudu aka Padaiyappa" Others are either imitations or followers. I am just one of the humble fan of the great man.

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

1200 characters are not sufficient and hence not writing it.

Monday, February 21, 2005

What you dont drink???? (contd...)

I have also had many desi friends who are girls asking me to grow up. Actually the reason I am writing this blog is a series of incidents which happened this weekend. My friend threw a Bday party invited all the freshers girls. :) I attended the party with great enthu, even offered to help him organize the party. I was fancying my chances with this tamil iyer girl who had come to our insti. Well desi grad girls are much of rarer specimen, given the fact it was a tamil iyer girl, I was jumping with joy as if I had found a kryptonite. I managed to strike a conversation with her and when i had learnt that she is from Bangalore, i tried to use my limited knowledge of the city. The only places i knew well were MG Road, Brigade Road and of course "Pub World" and "NASA", where I was always dragged into, by my friends so that i can drive them home after they are totally drunk.

Then we both moved to some corner of the room, I was totally putting kadalai :). My friend was frustrated on seeing this, as it turned out she was the most good looking and also the only hot girl among the freshers. He came to me said "Ab Saale, Kuch help karne wala ya nahin? Get the drinks out of the fridge and leave it on the dining table.". I was smarter than him, and asked the girl to join me in helping the drinks out of fridge. So we got the drinks out and by then Pizza had come, so I had to pick it up and set it on the table. She asked me to get the veggie pizza for her and said she will get the drinks. I decided to pick the Veggie pizza for myself too, even thought the meat lovers pizza was begging to be picked and I went back to the same spot we were talking before, since she was already there.

Only on reaching there i saw she had two Bud cans in her hand and she handed me one. With the french girl incident still fresh in my memory, I didnt know what to do. I told her I dont drink, she laughed at my face and said "Dont be a baby. It is just a BUD." I realized, I am loosing ground here. Just then to make matters worse my friend scooped in and took the can, and said " I have been trying to help him to grow up for the last 4 years, he just wouldnt listen. If you like BEER, i have some Guiness have you tried it before?". She said "No. I would love to." and walked away with him.

I was cursing myself and thinking of another lost oppurtunity. So whats wrong if i dont drink? I dont drink because i dont want to. People who drink dont like teetotallers, they want to get rid of that race. It is used to stigma when people found out you drink alcohol, but these days, it is considered wierd even among desis forget the firangis, if you dont drink. After some soul searching, I came up with this idea, I have decided to say " I had some drinking problems. So I gave up drinking." . Atleast I hope this will prevent any embarrasments in future. Should test this one out in future.

Naattamiyin Theerpu: "Komanam kattra oorula, vetti katravan muttalu."

16 Comments:

Blogger saranyan r said...

haha ... lol (stomach aching again) :)

ada paavame, seriya pochu po.
and yeah try telling that you gave up drinking -- in the movie valee, simran would say that she likes a guy who has given up drinking :)

10:11 PM  
Blogger Naattamai said...

Saranyan, naan ennoda Vaali Simran kaga than waiting, but luckily i only have elder sister and no brothers ;)

11:23 PM  
Blogger Chakra said...

hahaha... came here from Saranyan's blog...

this is a great one... i was also looked up & down by all & sundry for the only fault of being a teetotaller... your theerpu is spot on naattamai..

1:18 AM  
Blogger Sriram said...

ha ha ha...u shud hv realised it wn she said she is from bangalore...nothing attracts bangalore gals more than alcohol... :)
and no coffee n alcohol...well, dont worry, you have got a company...!

3:25 AM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

Dude
Drinking problem is such a poor excuse dude. Be yourself and don't lie.... like thalaivar said

"Kettavangalluku andavan naraiya kudupan , ana kai vittuduvan ana nall vangala nalla sodhipan anna kai vida mattan"..

But Nayagan also begged to ask the question " Nattamai, neega nallavara kettavara?"

12:08 PM  
Blogger Naattamai said...

Naan, "Nallavanakku nallavan" mathavangalaku "Pollathavan"

12:18 PM  
Blogger The Last Blogger said...

Vetti katran muttalu'nu nenaikaravan than muttalu.

To praphrase "kattradhu kai alavu,kattadhadhu kaal alavu"

Been there my friend. Remember, its the principle that triumphs.

12:59 PM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

ada paavi. annan iruntha vaali thaan innu mudive pannittaya :-)

sudrashan, super :)

3:22 PM  
Blogger hUmDiNgEr said...

nice one dood...yes, a bangalore gal cant live without Alcohol....anyway...dont worry...there are co-species for you ...like me.

I was asked that question umpteen number of times...and my reply always is
" I dont need alcohol to be on a high...I am on high..naturally"..

8:46 PM  
Blogger ammani said...

Your theerpugal are hilarious! Among the desis it is cool to be seen drinking and uncool to be a teetotaller. You can always say that you're driving back home and instead of inventing a story.
-ammani

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

komanathai... slighta change panni style kooda katlaamae!!!

seriyaana post!

be urself... and by not drinking.. you r not missing anything! working with some real, bottle dadas... and its better that you rn't a JW fan yet!

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you noticed the other girl in the background who was hooked onto your entire conversation with the Bangalore-tam-iyer and developed a shy smile and started drawing patterns on the floor with her toes !!!

3:15 AM  
Blogger Freeyavedu said...

Hi,
Been in that situation a few times. If its a gang of boys, well they trust you. If u tell a gal, that u don't drink, they give you a stare. Most of the time , Its like, 'Come onn don't lie'.

Naattamai.. Just out of curiosity. Do all ppl beleive u when u say u r a teetotaler ?

9:10 PM  
Blogger tt_giant said...

hey..nice post..
i am a tee-totaler myself, and have seen many such situations like these. one good thing though is, i manage to stump the edhiraazhi by talking very fast and dismissively (he is drunk right, so he would take time to follow)..

6:18 AM  
Blogger ~ythee~ said...

Romba correct, ithellaam freeya vidanum. Ippo thaan theriyudhu nnna maari neraiyaperu Coke/Pepsi/Lemonade vechi kaalatha ootindu irukkannunga !

5:12 PM  
Blogger Saravana said...

indha ponnungale ippudidhaan ejamaan ... kuthunga ejaman kuthunga :P

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home